Thursday, March 29, 2012

Healthy Recipes



I'm trying to lose weight not only for my health, but before the dreaded bathing suit season.....YIKES!!!

My brother and his wife are advisors and distributors for a company called, ADVOCAREI love this program....you're not starving yourself (those diets are doomed to fail), their products are natural, and nutrient rich.

Well, I just got done with the first week, which is the cleanse week.  I never felt hungry or deprived!  Needless to say, I'm loving my results!  I'm down 5 lbs, 2-1/2 inches around the waist, 1-1/2 inches around the hips!

They are big encouragers of losing weight the right way.....real food, vitamin enriched protein shakes, and supplements. Foods that are less processed (not easy). Exercise is recommended, which I'm starting this weekend. Adovocare is basically a springboard for a healthier lifestyle.

Anyway, I wanted to share a few food ideas that are healthy and a great way to help you lose weight....the right way.

Chicken Berry Salad
  • 4 oz. chicken diced, cooked,  and seasoned with rosemary, basil, and sea salt
  • organic 1/2 & 1/2 salad (spinach & spring mix) I use Wal-Mart's Marketside brand
  • Fresh Strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
  • Fresh Blackberries
  • 2 TBSP Light Balsamic Vinegar Dressing



Salmon and Roasted Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes
  • Wild caught Salmon, 
  • 1 bunch fresh Asparagus
  • olive oil
  • sea salt & pepper
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Mrs. Dash's (Salt-Free) Tomato, Basil, Garlic seasoning
Very lightly, coat salmon with olive oil, (use a pastry brush).
Season salmon with Mrs. Dash and bake on a baking sheet or glass pan, in a pre-heated 400 deg. oven for 12-15 min .
Rinse asparagus and dry it well. 
 Break or cut off bottom ends.
Drizzle 1 tsp. olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
Cut grape tomatoes in half (length-ways) and combine with asparagus.
Mix the asparagus with your hands to evenly distribute all ingredients.
Place on a baking sheet in a single layer, and roast on top rack of oven at 400 deg. for 15 min.

I usually serve this with organic brown rice, or you could roast some red potatoes too!

I'm experimenting with quinoa, so stay tuned!


    Here's to a long and healthy life!
    Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews