Monday, April 16, 2012

Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies!


UPDATE:  I used 1/2 cup brown sugar instead of the white, and loved them even better, if that's possible!  If you don't want to use any artificial sweetners, you could use 1 cup of either brown or white sugar.  Another yummy addition is dark chocolate chips!  At least with 60% cacao.



Oh my, what a Monday I've had!  It has been the  MOTHER of all Mondays!  

So, I treated myself to some peanut butter cookies!

Not just any peanut butter cookies, but a bit more figure friendly peanut butter cookies.

I have finished my Advocare 24 day challenge, and feel amazing! I have lost a total of 13 lbs. and 6 inches total from all over. 

So as not to sabbatoge myself on my not so good days when I need a little comfort from....food.  I know, still working on that.  But hey, making changes a litttle bit at a time.

Here is my recipe which I'm still tweaking to lessen the sugar, but it's still pretty good.



Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies

  • 1 cup Peanut Butter ( I used Smucker's Natural PB, Creamy)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup stevia
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1 tsp baking soda


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix peanut butter and sugars in a bowl until blended. 
Add the egg and baking soda and stir until combined.
Use a cookie scoop to make all cookies same size.  Make sure to squish (that's my technical term for the day) them down with a fork, and make a cute little criss-cross pattern.
Bake for 10 min. Makes about 28 cookies.
Each cookie is about 73.5 calories.  Not bad right?



Did you notice that there's no flour?!  It's not a typo......

These cookies are high in protein and low in calories.

My kids even love these and haven't missed the old version.


Enjoy,
Aimee








No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews